Trust me, I’m no chef – my idea of a gourmet dinner is salmon with frozen veggies. However, I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. When it comes to cooking, I like to keep things simple, which is why I’ve sought out the easiest but still the tastiest meals to keep me full and satisfied throughout the day.
Of course, we all know that it’s important to start the day with a healthy breakfast, but that’s sometimes easier said than done. So I’ve gathered a few of my favorite breakfast recipes below that only require five ingredients or less to make!
3-Ingredient Almond Flour Pancakes
-1 ½ cups of almond flour
-3 sliced strawberries
-1 tablespoon of almond butter
-Organic maple syrup
1. In a blender, mix the banana, 3 eggs, and almond flour until the batter becomes a smooth, runny texture.
2. Grease a pan with oil and turn on medium heat (I use coconut oil to add some extra sweetness!)
3. Scoop 2 to 3 spoonfuls of batter onto the heated pan to create pancake.
4. Let it sit until bubbles start to form in the batter, then flip using a spatula.
5. Once both sides are firm, remove from heat.
6. Repeat until batter is gone.
7. Top with almond butter, strawberries, and organic maple syrup. Enjoy!
Wake Up Happy Protein Smoothie
-1 frozen banana
-1 to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
-1 scoop of vanilla plant-based protein powder
-1 cup of almond milk
-½ cup of cold brew coffee
1. In a blender, add all of the ingredients.
2. Blend ingredients until the smoothie is at desired consistency (I usually add ice for a thicker consistency!)
3. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tip: Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top for some added spice!
Greek Yogurt Parfait
-1 to 2 cups of non-fat Greek yogurt
-Handful of berries
-1 teaspoon of chia seeds
-6 crushed almonds
-Drizzle of honey
1. In a bowl, add 1 to 2 cups of Greek yogurt.
2. Top with berries, chia seeds, and crushed almonds.
3. Drizzle honey on top for added sweetness. Enjoy!
Let me know how you guys like these healthy breakfast recipes in the comments below!