There’s no doubt that breakups just plain suck, no matter how cordially or not the relationship might have ended. They can be heartbreaking, logistically difficult if you live together, and straight-up consuming of your time and energy. That’s why I’m sharing 50 ways to get over a breakup more quickly below.
1. Cry. Just cry as much as you need to!
2. Post thirst traps on your Instagram. #NoShame
3. Spend time with people who make you laugh.
5. Have late night deep talks with your best friends.
6. Journal every day. Get your thoughts out of your head and onto a piece of paper!
7. Have an emergency dance party alone in your bedroom.
9. Treat yourself to some retail therapy.
10. Go to actual therapy.
11. Practice morning affirmations, and write them down!
12. Listen to some good music (WAP by Cardi B + Megan Thee Stallion works).
13. Watch a funny movie or TV series.
14. Take yourself on a date and spend the day alone at your favorite place.
15. Learn a new recipe and get to cookin’!
16. Exercise (and not just for the revenge bod).
17. Make a list of everything you want in a future partner. You deserve the world!
18. Remind yourself every day that you’re worthy of love.
19. REBOUND if you need to. Let your freak flag fly, girlfriend.
20. Do something creative – ANYTHING!
21. Go for a hike in the sun.
22. Do an at-home spa night (face and hair masks included).
23. Listen to an inspiring podcast.
24. Make new goals to accomplish each week. Even mastering small goals can make a big change.
25. Watch By the Glass on YouTube for some honest insight and laughs.
26. Get rid of your ex’s belongings, along with anything that reminds you of him or her.
27. Call and catch up with someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
28. Block them on every social media platform. They don’t deserve to see you thriving, sis.
29. Download Hinge, and go on a date or two. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there again!
30. Treat yourself to your all-time favorite dessert whenever you’re feeling extra low.
31. Buy a vibrator and use the sh*t out of it.
32. Read a self-help book you’ve been pushing off.
33. Pick up a new hobby. Pottery? An instrument? The options are endless!
34. Get dressed up and do your makeup just because.
35. Have another solo dance party.
36. Clean and rearrange your room, especially if they were previously living in it with you.
37. Spend time in nature, even if it’s as simple as a picnic in the park.
38. Make a list of the things you’re most grateful for.
39. Go for a long drive with the windows down.
40. Write a poem.
41. Go through childhood photos with your parents and laugh at the memories.
42. Stay off social media as much as possible.
43. Buy yourself a bouquet of Farmer’s Market flowers.
44. Light a candle and some sage to cleanse your space.
45. Go for a long walk.
46. Drive to somewhere with a good view and watch the sunset.
47. Plan a weekend girls’ trip.
48. Dye your hair or get bangs maybe??
49. Smile about the past, and look forward to the future.
50. Follow your own MF dreams.